Movie Theater Chains

United Artists Theaters was named after the studio of the same name founded by Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, Charlie Chaplin, and D.W. Griffith, but it has always been separate from the company. Joseph Scheneck became the company's president in 1924, and, as part of the deal, Scheneck entered into a partnership with Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford to buy and construct theaters using UA's name. Over time, the chain became separate from the studio and by the 1970s was part of a larger company, United Artists Communications.


Here is the policy trailer for United Artists Theaters in the 1970s:



Here is the feature presentation for United Artists Theaters in the 1970s:



Here is the policy trailer for United Artists Theaters in the 1980s: